- Tourist visa is issued for travelers who are interested in visiting Iran as a tourist.
- Business visa is issued for travelers who are cooperating with local businesses
- Job permission visa is issued for travelers who are looking for Iran residency
- Transit visa is issued for travelers who intend to cross Iran to reach another country.
- Press visa is issued for journalists or media broadcasters.
- Pilgrimage visa is issued for travelers who intend to visit Holy Shrines in some particular cities of Iran such as Mashhad and Qom.
Very first step of traveling Iran is obtaining a visa. There are several ways to get your visa on your passport. Mostly, visa granted condition depends on nationalities and the passport which you are traveling with.
Visa should be applied by licensed agencies or agents through Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). VOA or visa on arrival is the quickest way to apply and issue visa at the airport directly by travelers themselves.
The other way is receiving an 18-digit code as visa authorization code which is a kind of invitation letter. Afterward, you are able to collect your visa in 2 to 25 days (with the code which is granted in advance) from embassy or airport.
Here is the list of international airports in Iran that are authorized to issue visa.
- Tehran – IKA: Imam Khomeini International Airport
- Shiraz – SYZ: Shahid Dastgheib International Airport
- Mashhad – MHD: Shahid Hashemi Nejad International Airport
- Tabriz – TBZ: Shahid Madani Tabriz International Airport
- Isfahan – ISF: Shahid Behehsti International Airport
- Kish – KIH: Kish International Airport
- Kermanshah: It is possible with previous coordination
Available 24hr during day
VOA is available for the following countries
|Country||Visa Collection Fee At Airport|
|New Zealand||150 €|
|Sierra Leone – Chile||120 €|
|China – Emirate – Chad – Uganda – Vietnam||100 €|
|South Africa – Ukraine – Brazil – Hong Kong||80 €|
|German – Austria – Spain – Italy – Ireland – Island – Slovenia – Estonia – Slovak – Belgium – Bulgaria – Portugal – Czech -Denmark- Romania – Sweden – Swiss – France – Finland – Cyprus – Lithuania – Malta – Luxembourg – Poland – Latvia – Hungary – Norway – Netherlands- Greece – Thailand – Singapore – Oman – Ghana – Qatar – Cuba – Gabon – Guinea||75 €|
|Russia – Uzbekistan – Argentina – Zambia – Mongolia – Moldavia||70 €|
|Japan – Turkmenistan – Cameron – Konia – Kuwait – Guyana – Madagascar – Malawi – El Salvador||60 €|
|Philippine – Panama – Fiji – Nigeria||55 €|
|South Korea – Bosnia Kazakhstan Croatia Macedonia Paraguay Senegal||50 €|
|Indonesia – Kyrgyzstan – Zimbabwe – Mexico – Niger – Venezuela – Palestine – Tunisia||45 €|
|Sri Lanka – Ecuador – Nepal – Yemen – Eritrea||40 €|
|Tajikistan – Licorice – Bhutan – Morocco – Libya – Egypt (more than 20 days)||30 €|
|Armenia – Bahrain||20 €|
|Malaysia (More than 15 days)||10 €|
Prearrangement is not required, while you are looking for visa at the airport. Here are the required documents to collect visa.
- 2 self-image, simple background and shoulder up
- International flight tickets
- Fill a visa application form at the airport
- Travel Insurance
- Cash (visa collection fee)
Firstly, pay visa collection fee and then provide your travel insurance at the airport in 16 Euros. If you have insurance, it is not required to buy another from an Iranian company. Just take note that your insurance company supports Iran trips as well.
Final step is waiting at visa queue to issue your visa. Officers are accessible 24hr a day.
- Visa collection fee is a governmental fee which is received at the embassy or airports based on traveler’s nationality.
- That would be a really good option for travelers who are far from embassy or do not have enough time to apply in advance.
- The negative point is time consuming process due to long queues and there is the probability of rejecting.
Visa Authorization Code
Requirement documents for Agency
- The scan of passport main pages
- 2 self-image, simple background and shoulder up
- Fill visa application form
Documents will be sent to Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). Less than 7 days an 18-digit code will be received. Afterward, you are able to collect visa at the expected or chosen embassy or airport.
- Please be careful that visa code will be expired after 30 days.
- Visa validity is three months. Arrival and departure should be within this period.
Visa process for American, Canadian and British citizen
Visa process for American, Canadian and British passport holders is the same as visa process for other nationalities; just takes more time.
It takes around one month to receive visa code. It is recommended to apply two months in advance.
Besides mentioned documents which are required for visa application process, C.V. is asked as well; a brief and well-explained narrative of educational and functional background.
American, British and Canadian passport holders should be joined a guided tour which is arranged by an authorized agency, unless they apply directly through their host in Iran.
- Iranian Interest Section in Washington is active to receive codes and issue visa for travelers who want to collect visa in America.
- All nationalities are capable to collect visa from all Iranian embassies or consulate.